… from my weekly round trip on foot to the 99er:
- Four couches strewn along a one block stretch of Huntington Drive (first of the month move-outs, for reasons of course unknown; but this much stuff at once is remarkable)
- Two individuals pulling trailers (instead of shopping carts) and camped out in public parks with their dogs
- I’ve noticed from just walking along the sidewalk, more and more little nooks and crannies where people have stashed shopping carts full of ‘belongings’
- Fewer cars on the road (I could cross the Huntington meridian without waiting for cars to pass me by) it felt like 1978 out there (there are so many cars on the road the world over, the roads are far more crowded, it was quite nostalgic
- The 99er had only two of 8 registers open, and that was actually adequate (a week ago it was much more crowded). Has there been some significant change in the last week?
Existing during the time of bean-counter hegemony is getting tougher out there.