As the MIC overlords try and gin up a case to attack Iran, it’s worth remembering these salient facts:
- The CIA as recently as 2007 “assessed with fair confidence that Iran has no nuclear weapons research program.”
- Hillary Clinton admitted on Sunday (Oct. 3, 2009) that Iran could not produce nuclear weapons at Natanz.
- Iran’s military budget is a little over $6 billion annually. Yes, Virginia, that’s ~3% of the AIG bailout.
- Demonizing people by calling them unbalanced is an old propaganda trick. Iran has not started any wars.
- Israel, Pakistan and India are all much worse citizens of the globe than Iran, since they refused to sign the NPT and then went for broke to get a bomb; and nothing at all has been done to any of them by the UNSC.
The U.S. invaded Afghanistan and Iraq because- well, I’m not sure I remember why but then who does (oh wait, that’s right, it was a pretext, a ruse). I do recall the case was made with official lies, photo-shopped evidence, and artifacts of prurient neo-con fantasy (mobile chem/bio weapon labs? C’mon, 50% of them don’t even have indoor plumbing).
There was no threat to us from either country at that time, as any clear-headed person with half a brain could sort out facts from bullshit. However… never, ever count out the pure pussified panic antics of terror-fied Merkins and their dear leaders desire to exploit this for personal, private gain. If it wasn’t for Merkin’s traditionally misplaced trust in their dark overlords oligarchy elected leaders then perhaps the neo-con pincer movement to be deployed by the Clueless One ™ and Darth Cheney et al (MIC) would have been seen for the schoolboy taunt that it was.
Merkins have to be the most gullible electorate on the planet.
Ladies and germs, we all should know this by now (folks, C’mon). When the MIC sees an opening to secure a low-cost source of oil (which they will then bilk you over even after all your help securing strategic targets, thank you Gomer Pyle), then it’s simply time for our host to throw the cards over, and announce ‘ladies and sperm donors, we have a loser.’
So people ask me why I say Merkins are on the whole are such relentlessly stupid mother-fuckers. I simply point out they re-elected the Clueless One after his totally inept response to 9-11, and if they have even an ounce of shame they hang their heads and cry.
The top ten things you didn’t know about Iran Juan Cole, Salon
“The problem was you had to keep choosing between one evil or another, and no matter what you chose, they sliced a little bit more off you, until there was nothing left. At the age of 25 most people were finished. A whole god-damned nation of assholes driving automobiles, eating, having babies, doing everything in the worst way possible, like voting for the presidential candidates who reminded them most of themselves. I had no interests. I had no interest in anything. I had no idea how I was going to escape. At least the others had some taste for life. They seemed to understand something that I didn’t understand. Maybe I was lacking. It was possible. I often felt inferior. I just wanted to get away from them. But there was no place to go.” —Charles Bukowski, Ham on Rye, 1982